Former Woolworths stores – status update
There have been a few more announcements of new occupants for old Woolworths stores over the last couple of weeks:
- Alnwick: M&Co - full story
- Crouch End: Waitrose – full story[broken link removed]
- Cupar: Pound-Mart (Glasgow-based discount retailer – you can see a photograph of their flagship store here) – full story
- Derby: TJ Hughes – full story
- Kenilworth: WHSmith – full story
- Spalding: The 90p Store (not to be confused with 99p Stores or Poundland…) – full story
- Walsall: TJ Hughes – full story
- Wood Green: New Look – full story.
Meanwhile, the Waltham Forest Guardian wins the prize for biggest Woolworths-related non-story of the week – “Loughton High Road branch of Woolworths not bought by Argos”. That’s good to know…
What’s opened (or opening) up in your local Woolies? Or is the store still empty? Post a comment below and let us know.